Welcome to the Epilepsy Naturapedia Wiki
A central research hub and resource for the investigation of the use of natural products in the treatment of epilepsy
A number of research groups from around the world have shown that botanicals can be a viable source for new antiepileptic therapies. The questions are “Where do they go to find credible information?” and “How can others gain access to this information?”
There now exists an up-to-date, customizable central research hub for information on natural-product-derived therapies for epilepsy. With the support of the ILAE, this wiki website will facilitate the dissemination of new findings and will organize the knowledge base on botanical and alternative therapies for epilepsy.
Wiki website features include:
- Search for information using common names, scientific names, names of compounds, names of historical neurologists, etc.
- Read about a therapy’s background, use in traditional medicine, historical use by physicians, pharmaceutical information, evidence for use in the treatment of epilepsy, and more.
- Gain access to contribute your own personal knowledge to the website.
- View the most recent Pubmed publications related to your search.
- Follow links to online primary source texts authored by historical physicians
- Sign up for RSS feeds related to your research interests.
- Apply to gain access to customize the website; it’s a Wiki!
After you have been approved to edit the wiki, please read instructions on how to edit the wiki in the following languages: العربية • Deutsch • English • español • français • עברית • हिन्दी • 日本語 • ភាសាខ្មែរ • 한국어 • मराठी • پنجابی • português • русский • සිංහල • Tiếng Việt • 中文
Browse entries from Traditional Chinese Medicine Database
Browse entries from Historical Western Medicine Database
Browse all natural product entries