Welcome to the Epilepsy Naturapedia Wiki
A central research hub and resource for the investigation of the use of natural products in the treatment of epilepsy
Please contact Dr. Steven C. Schachter, M.D. (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Robert Orynich (email@example.com) for inquiries. We look forward to hearing from you.
A number of research groups from around the world have shown that botanicals can be a viable source for new antiepileptic therapies. The questions are “Where do they go to find credible information?” and “How can others gain access to this information?”
There now exists an up-to-date, customizable central research hub for information on natural-product-derived therapies for epilepsy. With the support of the ILAE, this wiki website will facilitate the dissemination of new findings and will organize the knowledge base on botanical and alternative therapies for epilepsy.
Wiki website features include:
- Search for information using common names, scientific names, names of compounds, names of historical neurologists, etc.
- Read about a therapy’s background, use in traditional medicine, historical use by physicians, pharmaceutical information, evidence for use in the treatment of epilepsy, and more.
- [Gain access](http://www.ilae.org/wikiacctreq/) to contribute your own personal knowledge to the website.
- View the most recent Pubmed publications related to your search.
- Follow links to online primary source texts authored by historical physicians
- Sign up for RSS feeds related to your research interests.
- [Gain access](http://www.ilae.org/wikiacctreq/) to customize the website; it’s a Wiki!
Browse entries from Traditional Chinese Medicine Database
Browse entries from Historical Western Medicine Database
Browse all natural product entries